Sunday, January 25, 2009

Epiphany

So I just wanted to write this down before I forgot about it. There's a ton of background that should be given first so that this is more easily understood, but I don't have time for that just yet since I should be leaving for work literally right this minute. But I'll get to it later, I promise.

My car alarm wouldn't stop going off today for no good reason. I was sitting here, watching some episodes of "Head Case" on Netflix (hilarious, btw), and heard this stupid car alarm going off. I started getting really really annoyed. Then it would shut itself off and start blaring about 30 seconds to a minute later. So I figured it couldn't be mine since someone else was obviously turning it off, otherwise it would go on continuously forever, right? Wrong. I finally decided, "what the heck? why not try my keyfob and see if it'll turn off that godforsaken car alarm?" And it did. For about 15 seconds. This went on for 2 hours. I didn't know what to do! I finally called my boyfriend (a very good mechanic at a very good company and also for a dragster team- sorry had to brag for a sec) and he thinks it's the wiring gone bad (on a 1 1/2 year old car???? We'll see about that...). But I finally did what he said and just unlocked/relocked it with the actual key and not the keyfob. So far, it hasn't gone off. Yet.

The whole point of this post is mostly that I figured out I'm becoming way too much like my father and it's scaring the hell out of me. I'm convinced my dad's a paranoid schizophrenic. Later blog posts will explain this further- again, I'm running late for work. Anyway, the whole time I kept telling Don "I swear, someone is screwing with me. Someone is setting off my car alarm and trying to mess with my head!" He kept explaining that it takes a lot to make an alarm go off and that unless I've seen someone running up to it and doing stuff to the car (which I didn't- and yes, I did sit there and watch), it must be faulty wiring or something else happening to the alarm itself. But still, I couldn't shake the feeling that my annoying neighbors were messing with me. I was (and sort of still am) convinced that they were screwing with me and trying to get back at me for making noise complaints about their stupid dog that barks incessantly for hours on end (I'm toying with calling animal control because no dog should be left alone for that long to begin with, but that's a post for another day as well). But yeah. Am I becoming as pschotically paranoid as I'm sure my father is? Should I seek help? This is scary. The fact I can realize that it's wrong of me to jump to the conclusion that some person is behind this is a good sign, right? Hmm. We'll see. But I really need to get to work so I will be back later. Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment